As we strive to offer the latest in technology and resources, we must always consider the cost to the library. These services are free to the public but not to the library. As you plan for the future, whether in your annual giving or estate planning, please remember the Franklin Public Library. No amount is too small!
The Franklin Public Library is a nonprofit organization, and we are funded by a variety of sources, including municipal allocations (money from the budget of the municipalities that we serve), state aid (money set aside for public libraries in the Pennsylvania state budget), local sponsors, and from you, our patrons.
It is never too late (or early!) to contribute to the Annual Fund Drive. Your donation is fully tax deductible.
Ways to Support the Library
- Remember us in your estate planning.
- Send a check to Franklin Public Library, 421 12th Street, Franklin, PA 16323.
- Make a one time donation by clicking here, or by clicking the Donate button, and using a credit card.
- Donate your time once a week for five hours and help us put away books and other materials.
- Help set-up and staff the semi-annual used book sales.
- Join the Friends of the Library to donate your time and talent!
- Slip some spare change in one of the two donation boxes we have in the library – one by the front desk to support Internet service, and one in the Children’s Room to support children’s programming.
- When you return an Interlibrary Loan item, donate $3 towards the cost of shipping the book back to its home library. This cost was formerly covered by the state, but was cut in recent budget cuts and is now the responsibility of our library.