All children and families are welcome to participate in our programs, regardless of residence.
Please pre-register your child by either stopping by the library or calling 432-5062. Thank you!
Story Time with Miss Lynn!
Mommy & Me meet on Tuesdays at 10:15 AM, June 12 and 19. Mommy & Me Story Time is for for children from birth to age 3 and a parent or other caregiver. We share picture books, songs, and nursery rhymes.
Busy Bees meet on Tuesdays at 11:00 AM June 12 and 19. Busy Bees Story Time is for preschoolers from age 3 to 6 with a parent or other caregiver. We share stories, songs, and crafts designed for preschool children.
- R.E.A.D. Children are welcome to snuggle with their favorite Therapy Dogs and choose one of their favorite books and read them a story. This is a four-week reading program. Children are encouraged to attend all four sessions to earn a book! Please pre-register. 6:30-7:30 pm Wednesday, June 6, 13, 20, 27.
- Movie Matinee’s all movies will bre rated G to PG, please call the library to see what movie is showing. Don’t forget we have snacks and A/C!
- 1-2:50 Monday June 18
- 12-2:30 Saturdays June 9 and 30
- STEM Wednesday’s
- Design and make a Rock Star Button 10:30-12 pm June 13
- Rock Painting! Make your own special pet rock and its home (please bring a rock) 10:30-12 pm June 20
- The Sounds of Nature-make a bee hummer! 1:30-2:30 June 27
- Milk and Cookies Book Club (Ages 7-12) Discuss different book subjects each meeting while you enjoy milk and cookies! (Milk substituent available.) Select and read any book/audiobook of your choice with a theme of music or dance. Be ready to discuss your book at the first meeting Monday June 18th 10:30-11:30 am.
- Mystery Box Building Challenge! (All ages)Are you up for the challenge? Come build using items and materials from a mystery box. Individuals and teams are welcome! Monday June 25 3:30-4:30 pm.
- Playgroup (Ages birth-8) This is a great chance for both children and parents to make new friends! Come meet, play, and connect! Tuesday, June 26 10:30-12 pm.
- Family Story-time (All ages) come dressed in your pj’s and bring your favorite stuffed animal and blanket! Tuesday June 26 6-6:45 pm.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten begins this month. This is a free and self-paced program, where you read a book (any book) to your newborn, infant, toddler, and preschooler. The goal is to read 1,000 books before each child begins kindergarten. (Yes, you can repeat books.) If you read just one book a night to your child, you will have read 365 books in a year. The only deadline is the start of kindergarten. The library will help you celebrate milestones. It’s easy to participate. Read with your child. Keep track of the titles of the books that you read together. Make it fun! Contact the library to sign up and get more information.