Our Annual Fund Drive Campaign is in full swing. The Annual Fund Drive is a key part of the library’s funding. We are an independent nonprofit organization funded by a variety of sources, including municipal allocations (money from the budget of the municipalities that we serve), state aid (money set aside for public libraries in the Pennsylvania state budget), local sponsors, and from you, our patrons.
This year, the library’s need is even greater due to the cost of replacing the boiler system. As you may recall, last winter two of the three boilers that heat the library broke down during the coldest part of the season. The third boiler has been replaced and is ready for the upcoming winter. The total cost to replace all three boilers is $27,000, and the library still needs $11,000 to complete this critical renovation.
Please consider supporting the library’s Annual Fund Drive Campaign this year!
Send a tax deductible donation today. You can mail a check to the library at 421 12th Street, Franklin, PA 16323, or stop by and drop it off. You can also donate now using a credit card by clicking the safe and secure Donate Now button on this page. Every single gift is appreciated, regardless of the amount. As always, thank you for your attention and continued support!
P.S. There are also a number of small but helpful ways to support your library all year long. Learn more here.
You are hopefully familiar with our Semi Annual Used Book Sales, held annually in the Spring and Fall. We’ve been holding these Sales for many years, and your support of the Sales drastically helps our annual operating budget. 100% of the Sale’s proceeds benefit your library!
The Fall Books & More Sale is now open to the public, and offers a huge selection of gently used hardcover and paperback books for all ages, as well as puzzles, games, music, movies, and audio books.
- The Books & More Sale is open during regular business hours: (Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM, and Saturday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM).
- The Sale concludes on Applefest Sunday, October 4, and will be open that day from 12:00 Noon to 5:00 PM.
- The $1 per bag clearance sale will continue for a few days after the conclusion of the Sale.
Thank you for your continued support! This is an important fundraiser for our annual budget, and a great place for you to purchase affordable media. We hope you find something you love at the Books & More Sale, September 26 through October 4, 2015.
Don’t forget, next weekend, Saturday, September 26 our semi annual Books & More Sale begins! The Sale is open during regular business hours (Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM, and Saturday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM), and concludes on Applefest Sunday, October 4. We will be open that Sunday from 12:00 Noon to 5:00 PM.
While shopping the Sale is always fun, there are lots of ways you can help out too! Please call the library at (814) 432-5062 if you are able to volunteer.
- Donations of items in good condition will be accepted through Friday, September 25. We cannot accept sets of encyclopedias, old magazines, catalogs, condensed books, or items that are broken, incomplete, or in poor condition, as these items do not sell.
- As you can imagine, we have a lot of books and more to sort and organize! We are looking for volunteers to assist with Sale setup on Wednesday, September 23 through Friday, September 25.
- We also need volunteers to staff the sale during regular library hours in two-hour shifts, throughout the duration of the Sale.
Thanks you so much for your continued support! Shopping the Sale and volunteering to help out are both great ways to support your Library. The Books & More Sale is a major fundraiser for us each year!