Registration for the next six week session of our popular Busy Bees Story Time begins on Tuesday, February 11. The session runs from February 18 through March 25, and meets every Tuesday at either 10:15 AM or 11:00 AM (you can choose your time at registration). Registration is limited to 20 children per time. To register, please stop by the library or call (814) 432-5062 beginning on Tuesday, February 11.
Busy Bees Story Time is a great opportunity for children from birth through age 6 to experience the joy of storytelling, singing, dancing, and craft making with our Children’s Librarian, Ms. Abby. Each session has a theme, which is carried out through picture books, short stories, songs, dancing, and finger plays.
- Please call if you will be absent.
- Please plan to feed your children before arriving or after story time is over.
- The Busy Bees do lots of fun participatory activities, including singing and dancing. Participation makes it fun for the kids, so please participate as much as possible. If your child has a difficult time paying attention, feel free to leave the room and come back when your child is ready.
Everyone is invited to visit the library on Saturday, February 8 from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM for the 3rd annual Love Your Library Benefit Open House. A $1.00 donation is appreciated, and entitles you to a chance to win the Love Your Library gift basket, sponsored by the Franklin Public Library Board. The library is closed to normal business on that day, and instead will feature all kinds of fun, family friendly activities, including:
- Local student art projects based on a favorite book
- Music by Sandycreek Elementary Choir at 12:00 Noon
- Music by Central Elementary Instrumental students at 1:00 PM
- Meet K-9 police dog Mal and Officer Anundson from 12:00 Noon to 2:00 PM
- Caricatures by Jeff Little
- Story times with Miss Abby
- Craft making stations featuring snowman and valentines
- Door prizes
- Cookies and punch
The Love Your Library Benefit Open House is a great time to meet others in the community and check out all the library has to offer. It’s also a nice way to show you support the library, as well as the students who will perform. We hope to see you here!
Do you like to play games? Whether you like to play board games, card games, dice games, or electronic games, we’ve got a program on the January calendar for you! Check out these upcoming gaming events:
- Vintage Electronic Gaming Night, January 9 @ 4:00 PM: Join Miss Kathleen for a one-time evening of classic electronic gaming. Play Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, Playstation 2, and Game Cube. Available games include: Donkey Kong Country, Pokemon Stadium 2, Sonic the Hedgehog, Kingdom Hearts, and more. This is a one-time event. No registration is required.
- Game Night, begins January 10 @ 6:00 PM: A new weekly game night for all ages. Bring a few of your favorite card games and board games and play with someone new. Play for fun and to make new friends; no gambling. You can also learn and practice Cribbage for the upcoming Cribbage Tournament. All ages and levels of play are welcome. Meets every Friday evening. No registration required.
- Gamer’s Guild, begins January 15 @ 4:30 PM: A new bi-weekly events for teens. The Gamer’s Guild is a fun place to safely duel! Play card games, Game Boy, PSP through Nintendo 3DS, and more. Gamer’s Guild is for ages 8 to 15, and meets every other Wednesday from 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM. No registration is required. If you are older than 15, ask our resident Dungeon Master/Pokemon Master, Miss Kathleen, about helping as a Dungeon Master for whatever game where you are a master.
- Bunco Tournament, January 18 @ 11:00 AM: Bunco Tournament, sponsored by the Friends of the Library. Bunco is a fun dice game played by teams. The World Bunco Association outlines the rules here, and here is a short YouTube video outlining the game. There is a $12 per person registration fee. Lunch will be provided. Seating is limited, so please register by January 13.
Be sure to regularly check our Calendar of Events for new programs and events. Each event page has a set of sharing buttons at the bottom of the description. If there’s an event you think your friends might like, be sure to share it!