Lose weight, receive accountability, maybe win some money, and help raise money for the library! Thin It To Win It is a 6-week weight loss challenge, with weekly weigh-ins and monetary accountability!
- The first weigh-in is on Saturday, April 11, at the library anytime from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- The cost to participate is $25.00 per person and $1.00 at each weekly weigh-in.
- Weekly weigh-ins continue every Saturday at the library until May 16. Stop in anytime from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM to weigh-in.
- Participants whose weight stays the same or increases from one week must pay an additional $1.00, which can help you stay motivated.
- The participant who loses the most weight at the end of the 6-week challenge, based on percentage of weight lost, wins half of the total amount collected. Now that’s motivation!
- The library receives the other half of the amount collected. Thank you in advance for participating!
Pre-registration is required. Download a Thin It to Win It Registration Form and return it to the library with your registration fee, or bring it with you to the first weigh-in.
Here’s to good health and a good cause! Let’s motivate each other, and try to win some money.
Our 20th Annual Quiltathon is this Friday, April 10 and Saturday, April 11, from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM each day. The Quiltathon is a annual fundraiser hosted by the Friends of the Library. The public is encouraged to stop by the library and watch the quilters in action, and experienced quilters will be on hand to demonstrate and guide anyone who would like to learn to quilt.
Quilters collect sponsors at $5.00 or more. All quilters and sponsors will be eligible to win one of the completed items. The drawing for winners will be held on May 4, 2015 at 4:00 PM. Winners need not be present to win.
This year, quilters will work on this adorable If You Give a Mouse a Cookie baby quilt (53″ square), generously created and donated by Sherry Bastecki, as well as a lap quilt with an oriental fabric. We hope to see you here! If you’re looking for a quilter to sponsor, stop by the library.
Everyone is invited to visit the library on Saturday, February 7 from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM for the 4th annual Love Your Library Benefit Open House. Refreshments will be served. The Love Your Library Benefit Open House is a great time to check out all the library has to offer, and meet others in your community.
Unlike in years past, the library will remain open to normal business on that day. But it certainly won’t be a quiet day in the library! In addition to regular business, we will also feature all kinds of fun, family friendly activities, including:
- Valentine’s day crafts for children to make and take
- A performance by the Central Elementary School band at 12:00 PM
- Caricatures by Pastor Jeff Little from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM
- Meet Franklin Police Officer Kevin Anundsen and K-9 Officer Mal from 12:00 Noon to 2:00 PM
- Meet Smoky the Bear, from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Children’s Librarian Abby Rosen will read stories at 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM
We hope to see you here! Come see all that your library has to offer.