Love YOUR Library Continue your Franklin on Ice fun with a stop to YOUR library on Saturday, Feb 8 from 11-4 pm. This community event has a line up of fun and free activities for all ages.
- Artwork on display from students from Central, Sandycreek and Valley Grove Elementary.
- Craft Station from 11-2 pm with Jackie Anderson
- Balloon Artist 11-1 pm with InKrEdible IKE
- Winter Cookie decorating bar 2:30-4 pm
- HOLeY Jeans performance beginning at 2 pm
- Raffle basket drawing at 4 pm- $1/ticket 2 baskets to choose from donated by the Venango Toy Makers
- Tentative guest appearance by the R.E.A.D. Dogs
Franklin Advisory Board Meeting will be held at the Franklin Public Library on Tuesday Feb 4 from 4:00-5:00 pm. The Board is looking for new members who are interested in overseeing the development and future of the Franklin Public Library. Please attend for additional information.
ORLA Board Meeting will be held at the Oil City Library on Wednesday, Feb 19 from 3:30-4:30. A seat on the board is available, applications are being accepted. Board meetings are open to the public.
Outside the Box, Inside the Lines is an adult coloring group that meets bi-weekly on Thursdays. Color your way to calm! All supplies are provided and no registration is necessary. We will meet Thursdays January 30 and February 13 and 27 from 6:30-7:30 pm.
Make and Munch Mob is a NEW crafting group that will meet once a month on Wednesday from 10-3 pm at the Franklin Public Library. Bring a craft you are working on and a dish to share for a pot luck lunch. Meet other crafters in the area, expand your crafting knowledge, or teach a skill! The group will meet Wednesdays Feb 18, Mar 15, Apr 15, May 13, June 10, July 8, and Aug 12.
Movie Matinee: Pearl Harbor (PG 13). A tale of war and romance mixed in with history. The story follows two lifelong friends and a beautiful nurse who are caught up in the horror of an infamous Sunday morning in 1941. The movie will be shown on Thursday Feb 13 beginning at 4:00 pm… free and open to all ages.
Movie Event: Just One Drop The film explores the controversy, reveals the rich history, dispels myths and misconceptions, and asks whether or not homeopathy has been given a fair shake. Hosted by Melanie Krneta Homeopathy Plus of Tuesday, Feb 25 beginning at 5:30 pm. $10/seat- tickets are available at circulation desk or at door. Proceeds benefit the upcoming children’s summer reading program. Click HERE to view the trailer.
Talking about Herbs will be held noon-1 pm on Thursday, Feb 27, from 12 -1 pm at the library. Bring your lunch and your questions to this group of folks who are interested in learning and sharing knowledge about herbs and their use in cooking and wellness. This program is free and new members are welcome. No registration is necessary.
CareerLink Workshops (All workshops are free and open to everyone!)
- Basic Computer Skills Workshop: Tuesday, January 28, 2:30-4:30 pm Almost all workplaces require some computer skills. Learn to confidently navigate your way through basic systems, including the desktop environment, internet searching, emailing, and Microsoft word
- Stress Management: Tuesday, February 18, 2:30-4:30 Learn short term and long-term techniques to deal with stress, create more peaceful environments, and calm your life.
- Steps to a Successful Interview: Tuesday, March 24, 2:30-4:30 Walk through 4 steps to completing a successful interview. Review ways to practice and prepare for an interview, polish the way you will present yourself, and perfect your post-interview follow-up.
Adult Education Classes meet Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 5:30-7:30. All classes are provided at no cost to students. For more information or to register call 1-800-461-6711.
The library also hosts two different reading groups, stop by the Book Club page to see what is coming up next!