Franklin Public Library’s mission is “To engage our community, enhance literacy, promote lifelong learning and preserve our local culture through resources and programming.”
The Franklin Public Library was founded in 1894 and has had several homes, although its current location on Twelfth Street has been its home since 1921.
The original structure was built in 1849 as a residence and required extensive renovations in 1921 to make it suitable for library use. A children’s room was added in 1964 and another wing was added for the adult collection in 1978. Both of these additions greatly expanded the public use areas of the library.
Enjoy a virtual tour of the library, made possible by the students of Rocky Grove High School.